Orchid - Knowledgebase Question

Sarasota, Fl
Question by lindap6
I have an orchid that has been blooming since Christmas or before. The blooms are beatiful but the plant itself is limp like it is dying.

How peculiar! Usually if an orchid is sick it drops its flowers prematurely! I'm not sure what might be going on with your orchid, but here are a few general care rules: Orchids need ample humidity, so put the pot on a pebble-filled tray and keep water in it. Also keep the soil moist. When watering, use tepid, not cold water. Mist the leaves occasionally. Orchids need 10-15 hours of bright light each day, but keep them out of direct sunlight. They prefer daytime temperatures of about 70F in summer and 60F in winter, with a 10 degree drop at night. Keep them out of cold drafts, feed them during the summer months with a low nitrogen fertilizer, and let them become pot-bound (they flower more freely when their toes are pinched). I hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"