Getting rid of dollar weed - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by Spike0
I live in Jacksonville FL and am having a hard time getting rid of dollar weed. I have tried all of the weed and feed but it doesn't seem to help. Any other suggestions other than just digging it up?

0

Usually weed and feed products will at least reduce the population of dollar weed. If they haven't, you might try a natural weed killing herbicide whose main ingredient is 10 percent vinegar. You have to use 10 percent vinegar only--regular vinegar is of no use--check with your local nursery or gardening department. The formula for this is as follows: 1 gallon of 10 percent vinegar, 1 oz. orange oil, 1 tbsp. molasses (the ordinary kitchen type), 1 tsp. liquid soap. Shake well and use full strength on warm to hot days for best results. Don?t spray on plants you want to keep alive as it will harm any plant it touches. Hope this method proves more successful!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "