Berry plants! - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
Today I got a blueberry,raspberry and blackberry plant at my local Home Depot,but the info atached is very little I want to know how take care of them and also( they don't have any leaves now)wen I'm going to get fruit,thanks I live in central NC.(Greensboro)

0

Plant your bareroot raspberry and blackberry plants in a sunny spot in your garden where they will have lots and lots of room to grow. Berries thrive in bright, hot sun. You probably won't get berries for two years. After harvesting the berries you can prune the plants back. Blueberries need a little extra care. They need acidic soil and if yours is neutral to sweet, you may have better luck planting yours in a container of peat moss and potting soil. They need a soil pH of 4.0 to 5.0. Blueberrys grow in full sunshine and will flower and produce berries in about 3 years. Enjoy your edible landscape!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"