Dying Orchid tree. - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello. I have a orchid tree,It's dying. On the back side of the leaf has white and orange bumps. Sides of some branches are black. It's blooming right now, and has new leafs, but there's a piece of the root sticking out which is black too. It has angular leaf spot, bacterial blight, downy mildew, bacterial spot, and realated leaf diseases.Please help. Thank you very much!

0

Many fungi cause leaf spots on different hosts. Spots may vary from small discrete dots and raised areas to irregular yellow or brownish patches that cover much of the leaf surface. Leaves may fall off if the problem is severe, but these pathogens rarely cause long-term damage to trees. Similar spots can be caused by bacterial pathogens, insects and mites, or abiotic factors on some plants.

In most cases, infections can be tolerated. Remove fallen leaves and debris promptly. Many of the pathogens are favored by moisture, so avoid overhead sprinklers and irrigate early in the day so that the foliage dries more quickly. Generally, fungicide treatment is not warranted. I'd simply prune away the diseased plant parts to remove them from the garden.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"