trees - Knowledgebase Question

Stuart, Fl
Question by sunnyme888
I would like to use 3 trees for a windscreen (and better view). I want one of them to be a palm. What else should I consider? When is the best time to plant? How should they be planted?

0

Semi-dwarf citrus trees will make an attractive evergreen screen, especially if you prune them annually. You can actually shape them into narrow upright forms or lollipop forms if you'd like. Geiger tree (Cordia sebestena) is another suggestion; it grows to about 25'. Orchid tree (Bauhinia) and Loquat are also good choices. Trees and shrubs usually look better when grouped in odd numbers - 3,5, etc. For symmetry I'd plant 3 of the same trees rather than one palm and 2 others. How about 3' palms? Or three citrus? Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"