dollar weed - Knowledgebase Question

montgomery, Te
Question by rfaught
can i use st augustine weed and feed fertilizer in my beds of shrubs?Shurbs present are indian hawthornes and holies.Will it not harm the shurbs?I do have a few lantana,and mexican heather in the beds will it harm them?

0

Weed and Feed formulated for St. Augustine is not safe to use in your flower beds or around shrubs. If dollar weed is invading your planting beds, the best way to get rid of it is to hand pull it, roots and all. The problem is that it grows in large patches and it replaces itself quickly so that few find pulling it up a reasonable solution. There are, however, weed-killing chemicals. Try WipeOut by GreenLight which will kill the weeds but not their seeds so multiple applications will be needed.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"