Mondel Pine - Knowledgebase Question

Pahrump, Ne
Question by GreenBob
The needles on my Mondel pines are turning light green/almost yellow. What is happening and what should I do?

0

Mondel Pine is a fast growing pine that can tolerate desert conditions, wind, heat and cold. This is an evergreen conifer that usually grows to a height of 60' and a spread of 40'. Needles measure 5-6 inches long, are born in 2's and are dark green in color. Yellowing needles usually indicate a water stress problem, either too much or too little. If the soil is poorly draining and you had a wet winter, that would explain the problem. Conversely, if you had a dry winter and did not water regularly, the needles will show the symptoms in the spring. You can try watering deeply once each week and see if you can stop the process. If the roots are otherwise healthy, the new growth should be a deep green color. I hope your pines recover!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"