new pot plants - Knowledgebase Question

coraopolis, Pe
Question by kavitha21m
Last year i had some flowering plants in pots.they are all gone now.i am starting again with seeds in seed starter.when i move my new sprouts to my older bigger pots, what kind of fertiliser i should mix with old potting soil? other than liquid miracle gro, should i mix something while planting itself?

0

I'd freshen up the old potting soil by dumping it out of the pots and mixing in some fresh potting soil. Use about a quarter, by volume, of new potting soil and mix it in well with the old potting soil. Then moisten and refill your pots. You won't need to add anything else and feeding with Miracle Gro is the best approach. Liquid fertilizers will work best and there's no concern of over applying and burning the roots. Best wishes with your new plants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "