HORRIBLE KIND OF GRASS - Knowledgebase Question

Nicholasville, Ke
Question by carpenterpri
Hi, I just moved to a new house and the yard has this hideous grass with extensive root system called Devil's something or other and it is! It is very invasive! How to I get rid of it? Please help! Thank you!

0

Devil's grass is otherwise known as Cynodon dactylon and it is a perennial with terribly invasive roots. Spray the devil's grass plant with a glyphosate herbicide, aiming directly at the plant with as little overspray as possible. Follow the manufacturer's label for dosage and application. Allow a few days for the herbicide to work. Round Up is one brand name for glyphosate. This product is transported down to the roots of the plant and should kill the roots but because there's such an extensive root system you may need to repeat the spray several times before you entirely eradicate the weed.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"