Fascination Arabian Lilac - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by wendy12
Hello - I just bought two of these from HD and planted them this past weekend. How often should I be watering them right now?

Per Craig, I gave the root balls B-1 before I filled in. Per the tag, I added 2

I planted a Vitex trifolia f. purpurea in my Phoenix landscape about three years ago and have had a lot of success with it. Mine is planted on the north side of my home, so in winter the only part that is in the sun is the very top, but come summer it's in full sun for most of the day. The plant, also known as Arabian Lilac, is native to Australia...not sure how it got it's common name, and is drought tolerant once established. I have a lot of clay in my soil so it only gets watered once every 10-12 days during the summer, so far this year I think I've only watered it 2 or 3 times! Since yours are newly planted, you may want to water every 3-4 days for the first couple of weeks, especially if the temperatures climb into the 80's as predicted. In a couple of weeks the roots should be well established and you can then taper off the watering to once a week and then to every 10-12 days. Best wishes with your new plants!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"