hydrangea in pot - Knowledgebase Question

N. Miami Beach, Fl
Question by livinglightj
I have a spot at my apt. direct noonish sun that is lightly filtered by boxwood branches til 500pm. I'm in zone 9b/10. Will the intensity make up for the lack of hrs. I have a kalanchoe blooming nicely a couple feet away and a bougainvilla. Does it need a very large pot? I have a 8 1/4in wide by 7 1/4in deep. The hydrangea is in 6 1/2in nursery pot.Thank you!

0

Hydrangeas like about 4 hours of sunshine a day so it sounds like the spot should be just fine. When you see roots coming out of the bottom drainage holes you can transplant your hydrangea into the next sized pot. Then when it outgrows that one, you'll see roots trying to escape from the drainage holes again. Just keep repotting it into slightly larger pots and it will be happy.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"