No blooms on Amaryllis - Knowledgebase Question

Question by AALESKY
In Fall I took in the bulbs, let them dry and kept them out of light until 12/1. Started watering and put in South window. All have sprouted leaves but no flower heads. What is wrong?

I am not sure what you are doing wrong, if anything at all, but it may be that the plant needed to either grow additional foliage over last summer in order to rebuild the bulb so it could bloom again, or it may be that the bulb needed a longer dormant period. Generally speaking you need to try to keep it in very active growth and well fed and watered all summer into the fall, then force it into dormancy by withholding water. It takes about an 8 to 10 week rest period (dry and cool) and then should be put into growth again. It may also be that yours is one that makes foliage growth first and then blooms a bit later, so don't give up yet.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"