flower boxes - Knowledgebase Question

scituate, Ma
Question by gpattygartle
hi i have a question about flower boxes. i have 3 in the front of my house. 2 are 5

If you've grown impatiens in the past, I'm guessing the flower boxes are in the shade. If so, you can plant Diacia (Delicate flowers cover mounds of foliage on this vigorous annual), Lobelia (Small delicate flowers; some varieties have intense blue color; this annual is available either as a trailing or upright plant), Torenia
(Snapdragon-like pink, blue or white flowers on compact or trailing plants), Nicotiana (Loose clusters of red, pink, white or pale green flowers held above large leaves), Wax Begonia (An interesting combination of stiff, waxy leaves that can be green or shades of bronze with flowers of either pink, white or red; compact, upright plants), or Pansies & Violas (Flowers in a wide range of colors; pansies have larger blooms than violas; both bloom best early in the season when it is still cool; their greater numbers make up for the smaller blooms on violas). Since we don't yet know which you want to plant, it's hard to suggest spacing. Just Plan on giving each plant about 8" of space in which to grow. Enjoy your flower boxes.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"