Herbs and Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Bear, De
Question by jrwlr89
I am thinking about growning herbs(basil, chive, thymes, etc), in pots, on my back porch. Which herbs are easiest to grow in pots and in limited space. I do not have access to grow in ground. But have had success in growing peppers in flower pots. Additionally, I planted some

0

If you've grown peppers in flower pots, you can grow herbs of all kinds. They need lots of sunshine and warm weather. You can start yours from seeds in late April or early May and they should sprout right away for you. Grow the herbs you like the best. I grow parsley, chives and basil because I use them in cooking and can just go out to the porch and clip off what I need. I'm sure you have your own favorites.

Knock Out roses go dormant over the winter months but will begin showing new growth when the weather warms. I think yours are still sleeping. Give them a few more weeks to show some signs of life. If they don't begin to grow by the end of April, prune them back a little. Pruning encourages new growth and you should see new leaves emerging a few weeks after pruning. Enjoy your back porch garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "