Butterfly Garden - Knowledgebase Question

gobles, Mi
Question by narissa52105
I have a large adams needle yucca plant in the middle of my front yard and a small cluster of hyacinths and a small rose plant surrounded by a field rock border. Currently it is not very pretty and I would like to make it more attractive from the road and turn it into a butterfly and hummingbird garden. What can you suggest for a newcomer to gardening that is beautiful and easy to plant and care for?

0

Butterflies are attracted to disk or ray shaped flowers. Daisies, coneflower, and coreposis are examples. Butterfly weed, lavender and daylilies are also great draws because of the nectar they provide. Hummingbirds like funnel shaped flowers and anything red. I'd plant a variety of perennials and then step back and watch the action. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"