Tomato Plant Care - Knowledgebase Question

Pflugerville, Te
Question by greg981
We have tomatos growing in a topsy turvey on our porch. They get plenty of sun, and I water them each morning. 2 of 3 plants are green and look fairly healthy. One plant is green but has some yellow leaves on it, but also is the only plant with fruit on it. What should I do when the leaves turn bright/pale yellow?

Yellow leaves can indicate overwatering or might just be a natural process of shedding the oldest leaves. If the yellow leaves are the oldest (towards the base of the plant) it's natural and you can simply pull them off the plant. If the yellowing leaves are the newer growth, your plant may be getting too much water. It's hard to judge when you are growing them upside down, just how much water to apply. You might try watering every other day instead of everyday to see if that helps the growth and maturity of the fruits. You didn't mention whether or not you are feeding your plants. Each time you water some of the nutrients are washed away. I'd try feeding them every 2 weeks with a half strength dilution of water soluable fertilizer. Miracle Gro, Peter's or Shultz's fertilizer will work. Mix one tablespoon of the fertilizer into a gallon of water. Best wishes with your tomatoes.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"