Lawn weeds - Knowledgebase Question

gretna, Lo
Question by ndickey3msmo
My St. Augustine lawn is being taken over by weeds. I just sprayed with an ortho lawn weed killer it has killed some but not all. We stopped using a bag on our lawn mower and started using a mulcher blade. Could this be the cause of such rapid weed growth. Oh I would like to try to identify the weeds in my lawn, where can I find pictures of lawn weed to find which ones are insulting my lawn. thx

0

LSU Ag Center has a powerpoint presentation on weed identification. Here's the web address:
http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/...

It's a long address so you may need to copy and paste the address into your browser. If you allow the weeds to go to seed and then mow without a bag, you could be contributing to the weed invasion. Until you get them under control you may want to bag the clippings. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"