Yellow Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Rye Brook, Ne
Question by gmasone
Hi,
I just bought a house on 1/2 acre. Last summer we saw it with amazing green grass and moved in December. We are now getting bright yellow patches that appear to be spreading. I thought it was snow mold but someone told me it is southern grass and will turn green in the next month or so. Is this true or possible?

0

It is possible that your lawn is a mixture of cool season and warm season grasses. If this is the case, the cool season grasses will green up in the fall and remain green until the weather warms up in the spring. Warm season grasses green up in the spring and remain green all summer. They go dormant in the fall, just about the time the cool season grasses are greening up. Since this is a new landscape for you, I'd suggest just waiting and watching. You can always make adjustments next year if you don't like the way the landscape behaves. Enjoy your new yard!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"