soil prep for blackberries - Knowledgebase Question

Winter Springs, Fl
Question by huffjames45
I just happened to be in the lawn and garden section of HD when an employee came through with some blackberry and blueberry plants and she explained how the plants had been bred just for Florida. I love both so I bought some. the blue berry plants had instruction with it but the blackberries didn't. Can you tell me what I need to do the give the plants the best opportunity to de well?

0

Although blackberries do well in most soils, deep well drained soils are ideal for them. If you have just ordinary garden soil, amend the planting bed with some organic matter. I simply spread 3-4 inches of compost over the bed and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Once that's done, plant your blackberries. Hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"