fungus,ants and weeds - Knowledgebase Question

rosedale, Ne
Question by K1AYAN
Last year I was troubled by the many ant hills. I also realized fungus killed many of my hostas. im addition I have alot growth that Ithink are weeds. What can I do to remove these problems from my once beautiful lawn. I fired the grounds keeper they did not address the problems

There are insecticides you can apply to your lawn (Spectracide or Combat) to control the ants - be sure to apply according to label directions. You can use a weed killer or a weed and feed product to help get rid of the weeds in your lawn. Again, read the label to make sure your turfgrass type is listed on the label and be sure to apply according to label directions. I'm not sure what kind of fungus might have attacked your hostas. You can start out fresh this spring by removing any old plant debris to open the area up to better air circulation which will help your plants avoid disease problems. Good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"