PORTABLE GARDEN - Knowledgebase Question

Loveland, Co
Question by bjmountain
IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A 4x8 OR 4x4 GARDEN BED ON WHEELS? I LIVE ON THE SIDE OF A ROCKY MOUNTAIN AND WOULD LIKE A PORTABLE GARDEN I CAN PUT ON MY DRIVEWAY AND MOVE IN THE WINTER. THANKS

0

There are rolling garden carts available through gardening supply catalogs and online. They are in the $150 to $200 range. I have a very shady garden and plant my sun loving tomatoes in containers and set them on the bed of a red wagon (Radio Flyer with slats for sides). I move the wagon around the garden to follow the sun. You may be able to find an old wagon at a garage sale. Drill holes in the bed to allow excess water or rainwater to drain out so your containers don't float. It's worth a try and much less expensive. Maybe this will work for you, too.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"