Aphids on Azaelas - Knowledgebase Question

El Dorado Hills, Ca
Question by jea75bro
I have an infestation of aphids on my azaelas. I had sprayed copper sulfate in the fall and again this week on them and the problem still remains. I have a bug buster that sprays water directly on the shrub and have use it daily until I resprayed with copper sulfate.
Is there anything organic available to help this problem other than ladybugs.

0

Copper sulfate is a fungicide and will have no effect on aphids. Usually blasting them with a strong spray of water is enough to dislodge the pests. However.... aphids bear live young so you can have grandmother, mother and daughter all feeding on the same plant at the same time. That's why aphid populations explode almost overnight. You can spray with insecticidal soap. It will instantly kill the aphids present on the leaves but new aphids will fly in so you'll need to repeat the sprays. I use Safer's Insecticidal Soap but there are other brands on the market. Keep at it! Eventually you'll gain control.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"