Flower seed planting - Knowledgebase Question

Colchester, Co
Question by oreo0652
I have some perennial flower seeds Lupine's-that says to plant in shade in early summer,protect from sun-in fall transplant to a permanent sunny or partially shady location. But it says that they bloom in May & June. Isn't June considered eary summer. It takes 14-28 days to emerge as seedlings. Doesn't make sense! What should I do?

It does sound confusing, doesn't it? Lupines are fast growing, but not that fast! Your perennial lupines won't flower until their second year in the ground. So, plant them this year and expect them to grow and establish their roots but don't expect flowers until next year, once they are established in the ground. Annual lupines flower their first year, if you want instant success. Otherwise, just plant your perennial lupine seeds an wait patiently for their flowers.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"