Lawn Grass - Knowledgebase Question

Lexington, So
Question by vinodpilley
I did one stupid thing last week. I had a lot's of weeds in my laws So I used Roundup Weed killer to kill those weeds. This also is a grass killer. i dind't read the label. Now I know some of my grass may be dead. What is the solution to get back my grass.

0

You're not the first one to do this, and you probably won't be the last! The good thing about Round Up is that it is a contact killer that goes directly down to the roots, but it does not travel in the soil so you shouldn't have problems with the lawn that the product did not directly touch. The only thing you can do is rake or dig out the affected spots in your lawn, dig a little compost into the soil and then overseed with grass seed. New grass will sprout in about 7 days and in a month or so, you won't even know the lawn was damaged.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"