indoor herb garden needed! - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by pamperedcynt
I'm a kitchen consultant and cook for others. Not happy w/ cost&quality of herbs in stores-want to plant my own.Never done b4-need stepbystep advise. Basil,sage,thyme,rosemary etc maybe tomatoes,carrots,beans,peas. HELP- cynthia

Lucky for you that herbs are some of the easiest plants to grow! They need full sunshine and well draining soil to grow well and the only attention they need is to be watered on a regular basis and clipped back throughout the season - which you'll be able to do since you plan on using them in your cooking. If you don't have garden space you can plant them in individual containers, or plant a whole garden in a large container such as a half wine barrel. Start with a 50/50 mix of garden soil and potting soil, fill the containers to within a few inches of the rim of the container and set your transplants in (or fill to within a inch of the rim and sow your seeds). Keep the soil moist but not soggy wet and set the containers in the sunshine. That's all there is to it!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"