Azaleas - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Island, Fl
Question by darufitch6
I purchased several azaleas last year at Home Depot in Leesburg,Fl. All the plants have nice buds on them except one plant... Why is this??

0

There are lots of reasons azaleas wont' bloom. One is immaturity. It could be that while your azaleas are all about the same size, the non blooming plant is too young to develop flowers. It should flower next year for you. A late frost is another possibility, and pruning during the summer months when next year's flower buds are developing is still another reason. Finally, it sometimes takes plants a long time to settle into their new homes and the non blooming azalea may simply be taking extra time to establish its roots before it can have enough strength to flower. As long as it looks otherwise healthy, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It just needs to settle in and gather strength before putting out that floral display. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"