redo potting soil & container - Knowledgebase Question

Brunswick, Ge
Question by cathyjones01
I have several hybiscus &
bougenvilla saved over winter. Should I redo the
potting soil on these & others after 2-3 yrs? Also is Mir. Grow best for these & palms & flowering hanging baskets?
What fertilizer for crepe
myrtle, dogwood,oleanders,
and knockout roses??
Thanks so much!!

0

If your hibiscus and bougainvillea have been in the same pots for 3 or more years, repotting is probably in order. You'll want to check the root systems to make sure the plants have not outgrown their pots. While you're at it, you can refresh the potting soil, even if you don't need to move them into larger containers. Miracle Gro is a great potting soil. You can feed your landscape plants with any balanced fertilizer. I'd use a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 general purpose garden fertilizer in amounts as recommended on the product label. Enjoy your garden.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"