Shade Plants - Knowledgebase Question

St. Simons Island, Ge
Question by dtomlinssi
What can I plant under and around 2 extremely large full palms. The Palms are in a shaded area and actually add even more shade. The addition problem they have to be something the deer will not eat. I want to add color.

Thank you.

Also, what perennals that that will be planted in a very, very dry hot area. These are within a fenced area so the deer can get to them.

0

There are a number of plants that deer do not necessarily like, but your mileage may vary, depending upon deer population and the competition for food. With that said, the following plants are generally left alone by deer: Agapanthus africanus(Blue Lily-of-the-Nile), Aquilegia spp.(Columbine), Delphinium spp. (Larkspur), Echium fastuosum (Pride of Madeira), Helleborus, Iris, Nolina parryi(Oxalis oregana), and Calla Lily. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"