thin lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Queen City, Mi
Question by katsminihors
My lawn in very thin and we live in an area with a high water table how do I thicken up my lawn

0

When there's too much shade or when soil becomes compacted, grass roots have a difficult time growing deep and grass will be thin. Aerating your lawn will help with the compacted soil. A core aerator will remove one inch by three inch plugs from the lawn. Leave the plugs on the lawn and they will dissolve in rain or water from the sprinklers. After aerating spread a thin layer of sand or compost over the area and water it in well. The sand or compost plus the soil from the plugs will work their way down into the holes left by the plugs. You can then overseed your entire lawn. After the new grass is up and growing, feed your lawn. The general advice is to feed in April, June, September and late November. Follow these guidelines and your lawn will grow healthier and happier. Enjoy your lawn!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"