chipmunk control - Knowledgebase Question

Mentor, Oh
Question by mcampbell_71
I have chipmunks burrowing along the foundation of my house and basemement windows. while they are oh so cute...how can i get rid of them? i would prefer a non-lethal option.

0

There are a couple of things you can try. First, if you remove all vegetation within a foot of the foundation, the chipmonks won't feel as safe and secure in the area. Or, you can try deer repellant products in the area (Ropel, Deer Away, etc.) A final suggestion is trapping them. Hav-A-Heart has non-lethal traps and sometimes you can rent or borrow them from your local cooperative extension or wildlife control department. Warning: If you ARE going to ?Have a Heart?, the captured chippies must be taken to a rural area far away?like 20 to 40 miles far, warns a wildlife relocation specialist we consulted. Drop them off within five or ten miles and?.they?ll be baaaack!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"