Yellowing hibicus - Knowledgebase Question

San Marcos, Ca
Question by janengord
What can I do for my hibiscus with yellowing leaves and little growthin the San Diego area inland.?
Thankyou

0

Pruning always encourages new growth so you might try pruning your hibiscus back. It's normal for broadleaf evergreens such as hibiscus to drop their oldest leaves in favor of developing healthy new leaves. If the yellowing leaves are the innermost and lowest leaves, what you are witnessing is perfectly natural. If the newest growth is also turning yellow, your plants may need more water, or an application of fertilizer. Hibiscus needs full sunshine to grow and flower best. If yours is getting too much shade, now's the time to move it to a sunnier spot. Hope this information helps you determine just what the problem might be.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"