Veggies for me - Knowledgebase Question

Quakertown, Pe
Question by mrbill0224
I recently moved into a new home and as the spring comes around, I am anxious to get started. The previous owners of the house have planted trees in both garden areas and I was wondering if there are any

0

Depending upon the sizes of the trees, it might be easier to make new gardens! It is important to get all of the tree roots out. If you don't the roots can resprout and you might have a whole colony of suckers coming up in your garden beds. Digging with a shovel is one option; hiring a backhoe is another, again depending upon the sizes of the trees. You may want to just live with the trees for a year before you make your decision. It could be that they will cast shade in just the perfect places in your landscape during the summer. You can always garden in containers until you get to know your new yard. Another option is building planter boxes to grow your veggies in, or even interspacing vegetable plants with other annuals and perennials in other parts of your yard. Whatever your decision, enjoy your new yard!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"