Moss in my backyard. - Knowledgebase Question

Fayetteville, Ge
Question by laurieharris
I live in Fayetteville,GA with lots of pine trees in my backyard. There is some moss. Love it and would like more of it. I'm not sure what kind of moss it is. How can I make it spread? Is there and way to plant moss by spraying it over an area? I heard it was a machine but I'm not sure if this is true.

0

There are a couple of ways to increase your moss. One is to simply peel pieces out of a patch of moss and transplant them to other parts of the garden and the other is to make a moss slurry or moss milkshake and pour or paste this onto the soil or onto rocks. To create the slurry, simply take water (or beer or milk), a handful of moss, and put this mixture in a blender. Blend for a minute or so. The result should be a thick moss slurry that can then be smeared out over a large area of soil, rocks, statues, etc. The addition of more moss fragments may be necessary for a thicker mixture. Paint or spread this slurry over the desired area(s), and most importantly, keep it watered constantly until it becomes well established.

Have fun with your project!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"