Bought Store Tulip Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Ashburn, Vi
Question by srilathacheb
I bought tulip plants from home depot store. Now how should i plant them outside? Please give me instructions on how to plant them outside? I live in Ashburn, VA and can i plant outside now?

0

You can plant them outdoors now or you can store them in a cool, dry place and plant them outdoors in the fall. Here's how: Once the petals begin to drop from the flower, cut the flowering stem down, but allow the leaves to remain. The leaves will transport energy to the bulb for next year's bloom. The time will come when they, too, dry up and wither away. When that happens, cut the dead leaves away and unpot the bulbs. Plant them out in a sunny garden bed about two times as deep as the bulbs are wide. Mark where you've planted them so you don't accidentally dig them up if you plant other things in the garden bed. Next spring they should grow and flower well for you.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Inimitable Ice Plant"