Fungicide Application - Knowledgebase Question

Clayton, No
Question by jessmarroyo

I just bought a fungicide for ornamental and fruit trees for my peach, apple and dogwood trees. When is the best time to spray them? My peach tree is already blossoming, but the others are not.

The label on the fungicide should detail the timing of the applications, and there are a series of applications that must be made. Correct timing of the fungicide application is critical, since the fungicides are preventive and will not cure an infection once the fungus has become established. The first application should be at flower bud break or early pink bud stage followed by a second application at petal drop. Three of four additional applications at 7 to 10 day intervals usually provide good control of diseases. Be sure to follow label directions.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"