All year round color and greenery - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by aditidoesit
I live in Houston Tx, and my garden goes through a lot of weather extremes, from multiple freeze to hot humid weather. Could you suggest plants that will give color to my garden all year through. My backyard gets the morning and day sun and my front yard gets only the evening sun.

I don't know from your question whether you want a list of plants suitable for Houston or if you'd rather scroll though photos and learn about the growing requirements of the best plants for Houston. I'm going to guess you'd rather look at photos than lists of plants - this way you can choose those that most appeal to you. I hope I'm right because here's a website from your local newspaper that has a searchable database for plants based upon color and size, or you can scroll down near the bottom of the page and click on 10 Best or shrubs, or perennials, or bulbs. Have fun! Here's the address:

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"