Black spots on roses - Knowledgebase Question

Elk Grove, Ca
Question by facosty
How do I stop the black spots on my roses---and it looks like the spots traveled to my azalias. Is there something I can use to treat the ground to stop these black spots from returning?

0

Black spot is one of the most common diseases of roses. Fungicides will help control it, but you'll need to practice good garden sanitation (prune and remove the most obviously infected canes), and try to keep water off the leaves. Fungicides need to be applied every 7-14 days during the growing season. Some choices include Funginex, Daconil, Captan, Bravo. You'll find others in the garden section of your local Home Depot. I'm afraid black spot is just one of the challenges you'll face when growing roses, but the reward is worth the effort. I don't think there's anything quite as lovely as a garden filled with roses! Best wishes with your roses.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"