Transplanting a Miniature lime tree - Knowledgebase Question

picr rivera, Ca
Question by jgbar3
I purchased a miniature lime tree three months ago and I would like to transfer it to a larger pot. Also, what shpuld I feed it and what kind of soil shpuld I add to the new bigger pot?

Use standard potting soil to repot your lime tree and choose a container only the next size larger than the current container. One that's too big can cause problems because the unused potting soil can become sour if roots don't penetrate it to keep it loose and to use up the excess moisture. Don't feed your tree until a month or two after transplanting - just to give the roots a chance to re-establish. When you do feed, use a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro (in the houseplant section of the garden center). Feed every 3-4 weeks. This will supply a constant source of nutrients without the fear of overfeeding and burning the roots. Best wishes with your lime tree.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"