Tomato Leaves Dark coloring - Knowledgebase Question

Houston, Te
Question by locodave
I have celeberity tomato plants in my garden. I also have a celeberity tomato plant in a topsy turvy planter. The one in the topsy turvy is a lush green color, but the two in the ground have darker green color leaves,almost a purple color. I also have two cherry tomato plants in the garden and they are very busy and green. Any reason as to why the two celeberities are that color and look sick?

0

The purplish cast to the leaves can simply be a result of cool temperatures (common in early spring) or it might indicate a Phosphorus deficiency in the soil. If the leaf veins are purple, it's a phosphorus deficiency in the soil; if the veins are green but the surrounding tissues look purple, it's weather related and your plant will outgrow the problem.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"