Seedlings - Knowledgebase Question

Schenectady, Ne
Question by jillyb29
I recently started seeds inside for an outdoor vegetable garden. All of them have sprouted. The snap peas, tomatoes, and green beans are pretty tall..I started them in a Jiffy greenhouse. I am wondering if I should put them in a different pot since they are now getting pretty large. Or is it ok to leave them in the greenhouse?

0

You can transplant your seedlings after they have developed three sets of leaves. If they are getting tall and lanky, they may not be getting enough light. Keep the lights on 14-16 hours a day and the bulbs (fluorescent, not incandescent) only about 2" above the tops of the plants. When you are transplanting, handle them carefully by the leaves, not the stems. It's easy to accidentally crush the stems which will kill the new little plants. Best wishes with your seedlings!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"