selecting proper trees for front of house - Knowledgebase Question

Elizabethtown, Ke
Question by bieselj
we are relandscaping front of house and purchased 2000.00 worth of material from HD so far. i need help on selecting some nice vertical trees, at least three that will look nice and not get too wide. will dogwood or crape myrtle work, or what do you recommend? you did respond to my other 2 questions last week and i appreciate that very much.
thanks, roger and joan

Glad you found our advice helpful in the past. Let's try to continue that good advice! I think dogwoods and crape myrtles are outstanding landscape trees for your region. You might also consider Eastern Redbud(Cercis canadensis), Flowering Crabapple, Star Magnolia and Tatarian Maple(Acer tataricum). They will remain under 25' at maturity (which is small for a tree). Or, a dwarf weeping cherry tree if you'd like an umbrella shaped canopy on your tree. Best wishes with your new trees.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"