info lawn planning? - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
we have a very small yard & have 2 japenese flowering cherry trees in it,small about 5-7 ft tall now. this leaves about 20 ft in between the trees. what we need is something to put between the 2 trees,that would have a LOT of color& not very tall to interfer with the trees. Hope you can help with this. Thank's Brenda

I'd suggest choosing dwarf shrubs with spring or summer flowers. These will grow less than 4' tall and wide at maturity so things won't be overcrowded. Some to consider include Dwarf Crepe Myrtle (Crepe Myrtlettes), Dwarf Glossy Abelia
(Abelia grandiflora "compacta"), Dwarf Indian Hawthorn (Raphiolepsis indica), Dwarf Nandina (Nandina domestica, 'nana'), and Dwarf Yaupon Holly. I'd throw in a dwarf barberry, just because the leaves are so colorful. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"