Neighbor privacy buffer - Knowledgebase Question

milton, Ma
Question by cbwalsh16
I have an 8ft area on my property line which I would like to create a privacy buffer with tall plantings.I live in MA and area receives partial sun.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

0

Part sun can be problematic for most shrubs but Hollies and American Cranberrybush will grow in partially sunny spots. Camellias are not fast growing but remain evergreen and will provide you with seasonal flowers. Or you might consider planting the clumping bamboo Fargesia scabrida. It grows in sun or shade and is cold hardy to -10 degrees F. It has an upright habit to 15' and the culm sheaths have a wonderful reddish-orange color which is striking against the dark green of the new canes. Hope one of these suggestions is just right for your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"