Blooming (Flowering) Vines Choke Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

WPB, Fl
Question by clack22
How do I get rid of and stay rid of a flowering weed that grows like a vine spreading all over my lawn with deep roots. Was suggested by Home Depot Nurseryman that I use Weed-B-Gone and it wouldn

0

It would really help to know what the weed is. Field bindweed, wild morning glory, creeping beggar weed and creeping charlie are all common lawn weeds in Florida but not all are susceptible to the same herbicides. Ortho? Weed B Gon MAX? Weed Killer For Lawns is not registered for use on southern lawns, specifically St. Augustinegrass, Centipedegrass, Carpetgrass, and Dichondra, but is safe to use on on zoysia, bentgrass, bahia, and bermuda. If it killed your lawn, it's likely you are growing St. Augustine, Centipede, Carpetgrass or Dichondra. It's always important to read the fine print on the labels to make sure it is safe to use on your particular turf type. At the moment, Bayer Advanced? All-In-One Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate is registered for use on all southern lawns and is effective against most broadleaf weeds including creeping charlie, and wild morning glory, but not bindweed and beggar weed. Before using, be sure to read the label and the cautions, and apply according to label directions. Good luck with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"