container garden - Knowledgebase Question

manitowoc, Wi
Question by brandyk
i want to plant flowering plants in pots. when the sun comes over my house at about 9am so the one side of the house has sun and heat all day. i need to know what kind of plants love sun and heat and that do well in pots. can you please help me?

Some heat and drought tolerant perennials to consider include Lantana, Golden Aster, Sea Oats , Allamanda, Firecracker Plant, Chinese Fountain Grass, Spider Lily, Lyonia, Amaryllis, Twinflower, Gazania, Gaillardia, Cone Flower, Beach Sunflower, Podocarpus, Dwarf Poinciana, Muhly Grass, African Iris, Bush Daisy, Golden Dewdrop, and Coreopsis. All will adapt to growing in containers. Be sure to check the mature sizes of the plants (on the plant tag) so you plant them in the appropriate sized pots.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"