evergreen climbing vine - Knowledgebase Question

Question by weinberg69
I would like to plant an evergreen vine to climb a fence. I thought of pyracantha, but does it have a lot of thorns(it needs pruning? Is jessamine poisonous to birds and squirrels (I have bird feeders)? Any suggestions as to what to plant?

Pyracantha does have thorns but if you really like its appearance don't let the thorns scare you off. You just need to remember to wear gloves when you prune. Jessamine is not poisonous to wildlife and is a beautiful, carefree vine. Some of the best evergreen flowering vines for your growing region include Bignonia Cross Vine (Bignonia capreolata), Carolina Jasmine (Gelsemium sempervirens), Silver Lace Vine (Polygonum aubertii), and Trumpet Honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens). Hope you find just the right vine for your landscape.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"