what to spray on flowering fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

shelton, Wa
Question by servicedogsa
I was told that I should spray my fruit trees.howeve now that most have open blossoms with a few still unopened buds I am not sure what to use.
I have tri-cherry,asia pear, ital. plum,fig,apple trees.
Also do I need to do spray my blueberry plant.

If your fruit trees regularly have insect or disease problems you can start a spray program. Generally you use a horticultural oil in the winter (called fruit tree dormant spray) to take care of overwintering insects and their eggs, and then do a series of fungicide sprays to prevent diseases. Bordeaux or lime sulfur is the standard product and it needs to be sprayed at specific intervals. You might get a chance to spray once after all the petals fall (don't do it now or you'll interrupt the insect activity and pollination of the flowers). Be sure to read the label for exact timing. Your blueberry won't need to be sprayed.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"