Majesty palm - Knowledgebase Question

Independence, Mi
Question by dantwiler
I bought a palm. I am a beginner with these. What is the best way to keep it alive and looking well. The store person told me to water twice a week and to repot it. I repotted it. Now what?

I don't think it's a good idea to water on a schedule, but to water as your palm requires the water. The best approach is to stick your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch below the surface, it won't need watering for a few more days; if it feels dry an inch below the surface, it's time to water. Give it enough water to freely flow out of the drainage holes. This ensures the entire rootmass gets wet and will also help leach out any excess salts in the soil. Set your palm in a bright location but out of direct sunshine. It should grow well for you. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"