Grass Changed Colors - Knowledgebase Question

Bainbridge, Ge
Question by southga05
Hello,
I just noticed that my grass has started turning a pale yellow color after I just mowed my grass. I have centipede grass, and I have the correct setting on my lawnmower. I did not know why it all of a sudden started to turn yellow. Some places are ok, while some look bad. What could have caused this to happen?
Thanks for any advice

0

There are two basic types of centipede grass. One type turns yellow when it is stressed. The other kind turns red. Overwatering can stress centipede and you may not notice the stress until you mow off the healthy parts of the blades and the yellowing blade bases are exposed. Mowing height is really important (1.5 inches in spring; 2 inches during the heat of the summer). If the ground is not level you can end up with some of the lawn being mowed too low as the lawnmower goes over the low spots. This might explain why your lawn is not uniformly yellow, but just in certain areas. Although I didn't solve your problem I hope I offered enough information for you to determine exactly what's going on with your centipede. I'm sure it will recover.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "