pumpkin plants and pst control - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by rhondawinter
I just startd growing pumpkins from seeds and I put them in pots...I was wondering how big do they get and what size pot would be the best. Also, what is the best organic pest control spray for my garden of herbs and veggies? One that really keeps the bugs away. Thank you for your help!

If you plan on growing pumpkins in containers rather than in the ground, you'll need at least a 5 gallon bucket for ample root room and you'll need lots of space for the vines to grow. Check the seed packet to see how large the pumpkins will grow. Small pie pumpkins (7-inches in diameter or less) can be grown in containers. Giant pumpkins won't be happy - they need to sprawl. Organic gardening usually means no sprays at all. Your garden needs insects to transfer pollen from one flower to another so there's nothing you should spray to keep the bugs away. If you find destructive insects, just pick them off the leaves or stems and remove them from your garden. Good luck with your garden.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"